Wednesday, February 25, 2009

An attempt at followthrough

I've been trying to figure out a job I can do from home. I have always drawn but I am constantly thinking I need to do better in order to sell anything. But at the same time, I get piles of art sitting around, and I am often told I do well. So I'm going to be trying to sell on Etsy. That way, old stuff gets cleared out to make way for the new.

I'm at a loss for how to promote things though.

Also, I want to actually follow through!

I think Etsy will make it easier because I can do it mostly from home, so I have no excuse for not doing it. I applied for a few photography jobs where you went to people's houses but they were looking for fancy resumes more than a good body of work.

I'm so bad at sticking with one thing. I love to take pictures, to draw, to paint, to sew, to make random things that come to mind, to go to a studio and fabricate metal jewelry. I think the key is the creating for a purpose. Making stuff just to have it sit around my house is not at all inspiring.

Oh, and here's a picture of a drawing I was working on.... it still needs some color.
Wish me luck. Oh and check out my Etsy store if you want.
Right now it's only got a few baby things I sewed and some vintage stuff I had sitting around. But soon.... soon I say.... there will be art!
www.chaoticwhimsey.etsy.com

Now where'd I put my Prismacolors....

No comments:

Post a Comment