Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lorelei-isms

At 23 months my older girl, Lorelei, has just started stringing some multiple word sentances together. The results are sometimes quite giggle-worthy. For example (taken from my Facebook staus updates, so I don't lose them forever)...

This is when I first realized she was trying to string words together more.

Lorelei comes up to me and grabs my socked foot... "socks? off? pully honey pully push pull sock off honey honey push pull off" I help her get my sock off and...... "toes! toes!!"

then a few days later...

lorelei just took a new pair of shoes out of my hands and said "shoes." Then she followed me into her room where I was going to put them on her and corrected herself... "Actually, boots honey... actually, boots."

I guess they were kind of boots. They were these things: http://myskidders.com/styles.html Which if you've seen them at Target the answer is "Yes, they ARE awesome." They can be thrown in the washer! Lorelei loves them. Right now she has a black skull and crossbones pair. Before, she had the white mary janes with black soles. I recommend darker colors if at all possible because though they are washable, the details kinda ravel funny when washed too many times. But I digress. On with the sillyness.

Matt's looking at the Dinosaur comic (qwantz.com) and tells Lorelei one of the dinosaurs is a dromiceiomimus. Then he asks her if she can say it. "uh huh" she replies. "Say it", he says.... her reply--- "draaaaa-gon!"



It can only get sillier from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment