Saturday, April 4, 2009

RIP Pookah

My sweet little kidney failure kitty finally passed away today.
She had been looking almost skeletal, having a lot of trouble getting to the litter box, smelled... like she was dying. But she was still enjoying laps and purring when she was petted. She loved getting up on the window still and enjoying the breeze.



Today it was different. She was hunched up and not very responsive but still acted excited when I gave her wet food, but just sat next to it and wouldn't eat. I gave her a heating pad to lay on since she wouldn't lay on the bed, put wet food and water right next to her , and regularly checked on her and cuddled her.

We went to the park to let the baby play on the baby swings, and when we got home she was gone, still laying on the comfy pad I had left there for her.

I knew it was coming and am feeling both relieved and sad at the same time. An odd feeling this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment