Monday, November 17, 2008

Holding my breath

The native Virginian in me is cringing from what I just did.

I just planted a small vegetable garden. In. Mid. November.

We went to the Natural Gardner on Saturday because my boyfriend wanted to ask them about planting grass seed. I was seduced by the seedlings and the assurances of the staff who said no, the plants wouldn't need to be covered up when it frosted and yes, it was a perfectly fine time to plant.



Today when the baby finally took her long nap I went out to the back yard and used a garden fork to remove the grass by the fence.. and planted the seedlings before I could procrastinate until the poor little plants died. I didn't get too many because I still don't completely believe that I can plant a garden in mid November and actually have it survive. What was planted is: broccoli, cauliflower, 2 spinach and 3 loose leaf lettuces.


Check out the cactus selection at this place- makes me want to add some cacti to our landscaping sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment