Saturday, October 4, 2008

Ridin'

Today I got to go on my first motorcycle ride since New Years. And no, riding to the bar to play pool when my mom was in town doesn't count as a ride. That was merely transportation.

Me, Matt and his dad rode from Austin to Llano. We took a route that took about 2 hours to get there and a shorter highway route back. I really preferred the way out because it was curvy enough that I didn't spend the whole ride fighting the wind. Matt's dad rented a nice Harley that he had for a day. Apparently you can't rent motorcycles in Virginia. Something about the liability laws makes it not feasible.... but now we're in Texas!

The ride was beautiful and we stopped at a few overlooks, but sadly I didn't bring my camera so I have no pictures of it.

In Llano we ate at Cooper's .. one of the best BBQ places I've eaten at in Texas. You stand in this line outdoors and point at the particular piece of meat you want off the grill and they hand you that piece. It's definitely not a place for vegetarians.
I got beef ribs and prime rib. It's fairly expensive for what seems like a picnic style meal- actually it seems the most similar to a North Carolina fish house- with long picnic tables where everyone sits together.



I'll have to say that for an occasional treat, it's worth it. Other people seem to agree- there were about 20 people ahead of us in line and the dining room was completely full.

We ate and then headed back to Austin... and home to the baby.
All in all a pleasant afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment