Thursday, December 4, 2008

a craftless craft blog?

That seems to be what I have. Someday I will get more of a chance to craft again. For now... well, I did make a few stockings tying to work out a pattern. They were for a craft day with other moms to make baby's first stockings but for some reason all but one person has decided to change their RSVP to no or maybe- including the person who actually requested the event. *sigh* That was a bunch of work for nothing.

Here they are:
These actually aren't ones I am going to use but... well, at least I know how to make a stocking now.

I also made some sugar cookies last night that turned out wonderfully. I used this recipe. I tried to frost them with a simple powdered sugar and water glaze but I think I'll do something differently for the other half the batch. I need to do something that travels well or I'd put butter cream frosting on them. I'm going to be making them for a cookie swap though and I want them to turn out good after taking them someplace else in the car.

The icing I'm in theory going to make it going to be a royal icing like hard icing with crushed candy canes sprinkled on top before it hardens. The question is, when can I find a chance to crush candy canes into little bits while not waking the baby?

1 comment: