Did you know that some people think taking collodial silver can keep you from getting sick and heal any number of diseases? It can also turn you permanently grey! I have bad enough luck with medical side effects, I don't think I'll ever try it!
sushi--- mmmm sushi.... had sushi last night. It was nom-erriffic.
Sweet potato Sprouts
Sweet potatoes are super easy to sprout, and one potato can make enough sprouts to grow a bunch of plants.
Here's how I did these
1. Find a sweet potato that has been neglected a bit too long in the pantry. Make sure it has a few sprouts already.
2. Chop it up into about 6 pieces
3. Let the pieces dry out for a few days (depends on the humidity level... make sure they aren't wet to the touch before planting them)
4. Plant them in a shallow container of potting soil until the sprouts are big with roots coming off of them
5. Twist the sprouts off and plant! I got almost a dozen plants out of mine.
I planted mine in some pots on my patio because I was feeling cheap this year but wanted lots of green growing things. Obviously I won't get any harvest-able potatoes out of these small pots, but the foliage looks nice, and it's a lot cheaper than commercially grown sweet potato vines at over a buck a plant.